Okay first off I would like to say..... LOVE THESE BOOKS! Okay I'm good.
I enjoyed the book. I read it twice. I liked how it began the descriptive words were spot on. I wish the book would have talked more about her deceased father. Even though it wouldn't have contributed to the plot I just wished that it was in there. The concept of a government taking children and leaving them in an arena to fight to the death is a little actually very scary and also unique. I love how the government came to that decision because of a revolt and they "obliterated" District 13. Decreeing that the Hunger Games be a tradition. The captitol is a fancy place where everything is expensive looking and the people, I believe are sheltered and don't know what is happening in all of the districts and don't realize how lucky they are to live in the capitol. In the story I belive the real bad guy is President Snow. I hate that guy. I think that Rue's story was the real downer in the story. Rue was like Primrose to Katniss. I love the romance between Peeta and Katniss. The story about when Peeta threw the semi-burnt bread to Katniss when she was hungry was precious.
Overall I give it 4.99 out of 5 stars (I would give it 5 but the tiny thing about the dad just put it down .01)
I was so sad when Prim died!!! I know her death was important to the story, but I wish they could have kept her alive. Then her and Gale could have remained friends.
ReplyDeleteI know! I haven't written my review on Catching Fire or Mockingjay yet. I'm going to read them again so I don't miss anything.
ReplyDelete